Lincoln Law School of San Jose
|Lincoln Law School of San Jose|
|School type|| |
"Private" is not in the list (Public, Private non-profit, Private for-profit) of allowed values for the "School type" property.
|Location||San Jose, CA, US|
|Outlines||0 (See List)|
The school traces its roots to 1919  when Dr. Benjamin Lickey and his wife Susan Lickey founded a law study program in San Francisco as a way to provide veterans and working-class students a part-time night school for law studies. 
The school was incorporated in 1926 as a part of Lincoln University and located in San Francisco, becoming a non-profit institution in 1949. In 1961, a second law school campus was opened in San Jose, graduating its first class in 1965. By 1987, Lincoln University's entire law school program was concentrated in San Jose. In 1993, the San Jose campus formally separated from Lincoln University becoming an independent, public benefit, non-profit corporation, changing its name to Lincoln Law School of San Jose. The school moved to downtown San Jose in 1999. In 2000, the 25-year-old Peninsula University School of Law merged into Lincoln Law School.
The Law School has been accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California since 1993, but does not have or currently seek accreditation by the American Bar Association or the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. 
- Lincoln Law School of San Jose official site
- Profile - California Postsecondary Education Commission
- Profile: Lincoln Law School os San Jose, California Postsecondary Education Commission
- About Lincoln Law School of San Jose, Official Internet site
- Law Schools in California accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners (CALS), The State Bar of California