Capital University Law School
|Capital University Law School|
|Location||Columbus, OH, US|
|Outlines||7 (See List)|
In recent years Capital University Law School has developed a strong reputation for public law, with many alumni going on to prominent political positions. The school's faculty includes the poet Kevin Griffith, Kent Markus, former Chief of Staff to United States Attorney General Janet Reno and Clinton nominee to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and Bradley A. Smith, former Chairman of the Federal Election Commission.
Prominent alumni serving in government and public positions include:
- Thomas Bonasera, President Ohio State Bar Association (1999-2000)
- Bruce Johnson, Ohio Lt. Governor (2004-06).
- U.S. Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH 2007- present).
- Greg Lashutka, former Mayor, Columbus (1991-1999), Vice President, Nationwide Insurance.
- Paul McNulty, United States Deputy Attorney General (2005-present).
- U.S. Representative Deborah Pryce, (R-OH 1993 - present).
- Heather Sowald, President, Ohio State Bar Association (2004-05)
- Christopher Davis, Mayor of Welch, WV., and Public Interest Attorney